Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lawry's Marinades and Seasoned Salt Bzz Campaign

WooHoo, I got my Lawry's BzzKit a couple of weeks ago.For those of you who might not know, I am a BzzAgent for BzzAgent.com.  This is a site that based on you and your preferences, you are offered sampling campaigns.  They send you products and services kits, you try the products, talk about the products with friends, family, complete strangers via email, facebook, twitter, blog, face-to-face, etc.  You also honestly share your's and others thoughts and experiences with these products and services.  They usually include coupons for you to hand out so others can try them too.  For sharing (Bzzing) and reporting about your Bzz they award you MyPoints thru MyPoints.com.  This adds points to my MyPoints account easily and then I trade the points for gift cards to restaurants, stores and places like Amazon.  Check it out if you are interested,

I kept seeing this picture on the site and the recipe and marinade for it came in my kit!  Santa Fe Chili Marinade.  I made the Santa Fe Chili Chicken (recipe below) and served it with Uncle Ben's Santa Fe Ready rice, Green Beans and the salsa in the pic.  I also warmed up some Pace Thick & Chunky mild salsa.  It was pretty good.  I would say I would have liked a little more flavor.  It had a nice amount of heat (not too hot for the kids, they liked it) but, wasn't as robust a flavor as I expected.  Having a warm mild salsa to dip it in helped though.

I plan to use the Herb & White Wine with Lemon Juice & Garlic near the end of this week.

I use the Herb & Garlic Marinade ALL the time on chicken and pork especially when I am grilling it.  Really helps seal in the juices and better coating and flavor than using Italian salad dressing.
What's great is that they have 15 marinades to choose from so there is bound to be something that appeals to everyone.  If you have looked at /tried them before  do a repeat as they have added 5 new flavors. 
You can also go to Lawrys.com and the Lawry's Facebook page to find easy-to-prepare recipes and info on their marinades and spice blends.

Santa Fe Chicken with Corn Salsa
   1/2 C Lawry's Santa Fe chili with Lime & Garlic Marinade
   1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro
   1/4 C orange juice
   1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
   1 can (15oz) whole kernel corn, well drained
   1 large tomato, chopped
   1/2 C chopped green bell peppers
   1/4 cup chopped red onion

   MIX Marinade, cilantro and orange juice.  Place chicken in glass dish.   Add 1/2 cup of the marinade mixture; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

   TOSS corn, tomato, bell pepper and onion with 1/4 C of the remaining marinade mixture.  Set aside.  Remove chicken from marinade.  Discard marinade.

  GRILL chicken over medium heat 6-7 minutes per side or until cooked through, brush with remaining marinade mixture.  Serve with Corn Salsa.

   Makes 6 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment