Sunday, May 30, 2010

Children around the Computer

I have three children.  2 of which are fairly proficient at getting onto sites like PBSKids.org and such on their own.  Earlier this week I had been reviewing my email and had to step away from my computer to  change a dirty diaper.  Mistake number one is noted as stepping away without saving and closing the email, etc.  Anyway, while I was changing the diaper on the 27 month old the almost 4 year old is in the office hollering about wanting to go on her games.  I told her I was on the computer and that she needed to wait just a minute for me to close down what I was doing.  Mistake number two is noted as believing my child would actually listen to me.  Needless to say, when I arrived back in the office, I found my  almost 4 year old playing her game.  She had also clicked on the email I had opened.  Upon clicking the email, she auto responded to HouseParty.com for an upcoming event.
I am now signed up to be a hostess on Saturday, June 19th for the Thrill of the Grill Oscar Mayer Hot Dog Party.  Do I have the time and energy to get my yard and house together enough to do this in 19 days?  Do I dump it and never do a party again?  Do I hold it at the local park?  Ugh.
For those of you local readers reading this, please feel free to "invite yourselves."  By that I mean if you are interested in coming to a party to try the new premium beef franks with all the fixin's, have a little fun, let the kiddos play, please shoot me a comment or an email and I'll be sure to include you on the official invites.

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment