Monday, February 22, 2010

Time To Start Planting (+ FREE Plants)


Time to start planting - Thanks Jane 4 Girls...


Getting The Garden Ready

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 07:33 AM PST

IMG_0046

It is that time of year again! Time to start thinking about what you are going to plant in your garden. Today was 71º but in the next few days the high will only be in the 40º’s.

I wanted to get some of my garden growing so I made some “green houses” from milk jugs since it is still too cold to start in the ground. I got some lettuce seeds in the mail that are stuck into recycled paper. Basically you just plant the paper and it grows.

IMG_0047 I inserted the infused paper into the milk jugs trying to keep them flat. (roll loosely and it should flatten right out)

IMG_0050

Fill with about two inches of dirt and water lightly. The milk cap can be kept on to keep the moisture in.

When your plants start growing enough you can cut the milk jug top off and either keep the plant in it or transplant to the ground. Even if you don't have the special seed paper you can use regular seeds to get it started.

BTW it looks like you can still get $20 in free plants from the post I had here.



I just ordered, I got a rose bush, a vine, thornless blackberry plant, and a set of 6 bulbs for $7.95
Thanks Thanks Thanks Jane 4 Girls... (redethel)




No comments:

Post a Comment